Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fan time

Posted by creister z7 TX (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 23, 05 at 10:53

One more newbie question: Do I need to leave the fan on seedlings 24/7 or turn it off when the lights are off?
Currently, I just leave the fan on when the lights are on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fan time

Hi Creister. I'll take a stab at it. If the relative humidity goes above 65-70+%, leave the fan on so you don't develop fungal infections on your seedlings. (Fungal infections can have other causes too). However, it depends on what you are growing. I leave the fan on at night for my CAM plants that take in O2 during the night because their stomata are open, quite the reverse of most plants, regarless of what the humidity is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here