Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wordwiz_gw

Inexpensive light

wordwiz
14 years ago

If you have a Big Lots store near you, here is an inexpensive fixture.

Mike

Comments (8)

• urbangardenfarmer
    14 years ago

Nice! How much is that bad boy? I didn't feel like creating a account.

• wordwiz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't know. It lists for less than $14 but that's wholesale. On other sites (Lights of America for instance) it is about $35. Now, if I was to order $500 worth of those, I guess they would ship them to me. Sorry about the false lead, I posted it before going through all the steps, but still, at some point, Big Lots ought to have these available. I will get five of them if they offer it at close to the $14 price,

Mike

I do not endorse any link or site this forum adds because of their new advertising policy and for the record, I think it sucks!

• eaglesgarden
    14 years ago

I do not endorse any link or site this forum adds because of their new advertising policy and for the record, I think it sucks!

I agree. Other forums that use that are quite annoying, and I have stopped using them because of it....if anyone from gardenweb.com is reading this.

Ads to the right and at the top or bottom are one thing, ads that are added to your post are just wrong. It implies that the poster is promoting that site, or endorsing it in some way. For a forum to be so against poster's putting ads into their posts, you would think they would not put ads into the posts that do not contain ads.

The forums instructions clearly state:

No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.

Follow your own instructions gardenweb!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOURSELF GARDENWEB

• vikingkirken
    14 years ago

Eagles,

I agree, it's getting old really fast. Isn't it enough that they have ads everywhere else they could put them? I don't like having words put in my mouth (or my posts!) Makes ME want to look for new forums, too...

• struwwelpeter
    14 years ago

"No advertising is allowed in any of the forums."

Simple and Free Trick

• andyinnyc
    14 years ago

Lowes has 4' 40 Watt T-12 Fixtures for $10 - these seem to work just fine for me. Probably not overdrivable the way the Home Depot Commercial Electric were, but then I didn't overdrive those anyway (although they were $7).

Home Depot no longer carries T-12 fixtures - just T-8.

Andrew

• eaglesgarden
    14 years ago

I just got a T12 at Home Depot about two weeks ago.

• grow-anything
    14 years ago

I bought some T8 and T12 fixtures from HD and WallyWorld this year, but I used T12 bulbs in all them because I have boxes of them. The fixture doesn't care if you use T8 or T12 bulbs.