Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar grow light set up

Posted by pretty.gurl none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 12:48

Has anyone tried this? I am doing the research to see if it is possible to have a panel set up to power led grow lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar grow light set up

It would be possible but to get enough power at one time to keep the lights on for 15 hours it would take a big enough panel. I looked into the feasibility of using solar to heat my small greenhouse to above freezing at night and the cost for the solar panel and the rest of the stuff you'd need wasn't worth it so I discarded the idea

o

It was great job by “dowlinggram” for sharing some useful tips.

o

Well, I won't give up. I only need several hours of solar powered light since I also use windows.

o

It's not about giving up. But I also beneficial to use solar power light. I don’t use any of them. I prefer HPS bulbs in my growing setup.

o

I agree, you need to have a large enough array for your growing needs unless you use solar PV solely for growing. In my case, we use solar to for other electrical needs in the house. I am now experimenting with off-the-shelf LED lamps such as the ones from www.ikea.com and http://www.illustralighting.com that are hooked up to solar. So far they’re holding up well since it’s just me and my husband at home. Power usage may go up though once my kids arrive, I’ll see then if the setup is viable for me.

o

You have shared really nice post which is inspiring me a lot. I use some fluorescent LED light which is affordable to me. I tried to search many different Solar grow light set up but it is too costly which can I not buy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here