Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veggiechica

Building a seedling box...

veggiechica
18 years ago

Hi there, I've been lurking here and reading all the good stuff and now I have a question of my own!

I am building a place to start my seedlings...stacks of books supporting flouros will be a day in the past, hehe.

Ok, down to biz, I want to put 3 48" flouros in a row (so seeing as each fixture is a little under 5" wide, we'd be talking a 48" long rectangular box) but don't know how far to space them. Should I put them so close that their sides touch or can they have a couple inches in between?

I am planning it so I can put four 11 by 21 inch trays under this little setup and hoping for the best. I am going to set up a little system so I can adjust the height of the lights too. I thought if I drilled a hole where the lights would hang (2 per light) and threaded nylon rope through that hole and a hole in a small piece of dowling and was able to wrap the cord around it as I wanted to raise the lights and secure the little dowl piece under some metal hooks...I am rambling...how far to space those lights again...I am sick of staring at the tape measure...help!

Friendly thank yous from a progressing mini farm in BC :)

~Sarah

Comment (1)