Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super grow box

Posted by stquack ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 19:38

I just want to say thanks for all the info that you guys post.

The web is full of people trying to sell diffrent light setups. I found most of my info here. Now let me share what I built. My lighted grow box has (2) 70 watt MH & (3) 23 watt daylight. Its really bright and I hope I does the job. I just wanted to get a jump start on the growing season.

Growbox lightbox seedling Tomatoes Light tray Light rack

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super grow box

Picture with Lettuce.

Any extra info would be helpful!

o

Is that stuff, like, mylar insulation? Might get a bit warm :)

I'd be interested to know why you chose that combination of bulbs.

How big is the box? Looks like you have loads of light for the area, the tomatoes might start flowering next week!

o

Its like mylar with bubble wrap in the middle. It keeps my plants warm. When I have my thermometer it runs right around 73 to 75 with the side lid opened. with the lid closed it runs aroung 80 to 85. Also the MH lights fit with the top of the light out side of the growbox. This also keeps the heat down.

I went with the light combo because I got the two 70 watt MH light for $10 each Reg. price $85 (Mother-in-law works at one of the big box stores) I get lots of deals. I was just trying to get the most light for my buck and keep things cool. If you have any ideas on how to make it work better, I'm all ears.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here