Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My indoor setup....

Posted by fruitgrower 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 23:45

here is my indoor setup

I have been having some excellent luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Indoor Setup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My indoor setup....

• Posted by watergal z6/7 Westminster, MD (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 10:02

Looks nice! I always enjoy photos of light gardens. My room is so crowded (and messy!) I can't figure out how to get photos of it!

o

Nice setup.
Just suggestions:
1. The "spot lights" are not very good. They are more floods then spots. You are losing a lot of light.
2. The amount of light seems marginal for what you are growing. You may want to consider installing a white (mirror mylar the best, if you can find it) pull-down roller window shade on the top shelve to roll down and reflect all the spilled light to the plants when you are not in the room.

dcarch

o

how can you make a mylar pull down roller window shade?

o

buy a regular pull-down shade and replace the fabric with mirrow Mylar.

dcarch

o

but how would I attach it to the sides of my GH?

o

It comes with two little brackets, which you will need to find a way of attaching them to wherever you want to mount the roller shade.

dcarch

o

hm ok. where would be the best place to find a pull down shade?

o

Hardware stores, Home Depot, window curtain stores, Walmart, etc.

dcarch

o

ok well i have looked but haven't seemed to really find one. do you use one?

o

All the home stores have them. I have the same kind of setup and when I added the reflex it made a big diffrence. things started to grow

o

oh really? can i see some pics? you have the same set up as fruitgrower?

o
growlight....

I did last year when I was growing boxwood (buxus) Sorry I dont have any pictures but I do have pictures of my grow box. Thats lettuce.

o

nice stquack. is that just taped on?

o

Sears also has pull-down shades. You give them the measurements, they will make them for you.

dcarch

o

No tape just staples. I bought a 25ft x 16"roll for $12 at the big box store. It works good and its really hard to rip.

o

if you have a local habitat for humanity or restore store you can get shades from them pretty cheap.

o

ok i'll look at Sears. how did you staple it to your GH? did you hook it to a board first or something?

o

hottielover14, I think you can either use a stapler or double-face adhesive tape. The roller is made of wood.

dcarch

o

ok thanks dcarch. here is my indoor set up but im going to get a 125W CF in that refector and im going to get another one for the other side. SO far I have a Cav. Banana, Vanilla, Black Pepper, Orchid and soon to be Miracle Berry Tree. I can't afford and dont have room now for MH or anything. What do you guys think of my set up?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here