Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie Grow Light Set-up

Posted by schwartzrock Philly, PA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 0:02

Hey All!
Threw this together with $29.99 Ikea shelves. Two units joined into one measures 62" x 24". Two MaxLume 4' 4 bulb T-5's. A couple packs of plant pulleys, a couple 2' x 4' white marker boards, a power strip and a timer. I might tighten up and add another shelf and light. For now, just starting out with some Marigolds, Gazinias, Coleus, some Peppers and Lettuces.
I really like the wood and the openness for air, the storage above and below, and the comfort of 62" instead of standard 48". The pulleys was the best move, and the marker board is easy to clean.
Thanks to all out there for all your ideas. From your posts I took bits and pieces and made my plan. Really looking forward to filling it with Tomatoes soon............

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie Grow Light Set-up

This is what I did when I was living in an apartment. No pulleys though but a great idea to be able to adjust. We painted the posts and the shelves so that they somewhat look presentable in a living room. Your setup looks great.

o
RE: Newbie Grow Light Set-up

You have given such a wonderful grow light set up with price. I have seen that many people give different ideas to grow their plants. Nice to see here for getting awesome information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here