Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylight saving time for your plants?

Posted by nhardy 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 2:53

I have to ask. Did you reset your plant timer to daylight saving time?

I have to be honest, I never set my timer to the correct time of day. Our power company does not give a discount to run the lights in the evening so it just does not matter when my plant lights are on for 16 hours.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylight saving time for your plants?

No, Natural sunlight still shines the same length of time (obviously more as you get closer to summer). My timers are still set for the same length.

Springing forward is nice if you like to get up early and ahead of the sunrise. I like it for example cause I like to water outside around dawn. Getting up at 6 now means no sun for an hour or so. Good for lawns so they can absorb the water before evaporation.

It's funny how people think days are "longer" cause we sprang forward.

sorry for my rambling

o
RE: Daylight saving time for your plants?

I am running during cheap periods as I am on time of use pricing. I did reset the clock to compensate. Didn't affect plants. For day neutral plants, putting them outside after running all night, didn't seem to affect them at all. I think they adjust just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here