Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will a 40w T12 light+7 60w work to grow

Posted by aerick Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 16:31

PLEASE READ IT

I really need to know this because I was thinking about buying a 400watt HPS,but have no money

My question is,my set up in my closet to grow...Roses,yeah.
It is set up with a 40 watt T12 light fixture,two 60watt lamps above the soil,for the nursing part since you need to be two inches above the soil. And 6 60 watts hanging next to the T12.Combined it equals 560 watts of lighting,I am woundering if I can grow with 60watt bulbs if I have enough lighting,I keep hearing it might not work to grow with 60 watt bulbs because you need color like red lights,orange or blue lamps to grow with. My grow space is about 2x2,my full closet range is around...5'11 feet long,8 feet tall and 2 feet in width.
Please answer me back

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will a 40w T12 light+7 60w work to grow

can you say "fire hazard". I think thats too much light in too small a space and you'll cook your rose bush. Any chance you can pull your rose bush out into the room and put a couple of 60 watt plant lights shining on it and see how the plant does. The results will depend on what your goals are with the rose bush. If you want to grow champion roses and show them at a wintertime festival then you may need a whole bunch of light. If your goal is to overwinter the bush and then sit it on your patio next springtime I believe a couple of 60W bulbs will do the trick. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here