Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grow light recs?

Posted by staceywc 6a/b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 17:08

I have gotten some goat pepper seeds (Habanero type) and I know that I'll need to supplement light and also do them in a container indoors for the winter. What sort of light setup would you guys recommend if I'd like to keep it as inexpensive as possible (at least to begin with). Any website tutorials that I should read up on? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grow light recs?

Uh, a good place to start would be to do a search of this site. There are maybe ten thousand posts about supplemental lighting.

Mike

o

staceywc

I can only tell you what I use. You can go to the following
link below (Mom's Garden Pics) as it may help you.

Click on Grow lights, greenhouse and garden / 2008

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom's Garden Pics

o

stacey: Go to yardlover.com and buy a 4-ft. long, dual bulb, high-output fluorescent unit. Buy one 6500k bulb, and one 3000k bulb and a timer. Coupon codes are available via Google.

This setup will bloom about 3 habanero plants to maturity without sunlight if left on 18 hours/day, assuming you know how to care for the plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here