Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of High Output T5??

Posted by almax881 z8 - Louisiana (alciemaxwell@gmail.com) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 17:09

I'm looking to learn more about the high output T-5 lights. Does anyone have a picture of a HO-T5 system?

If you have grown plants under HO-T5 lights please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of High Output T5??

Yes, T5's are the best of all the fluorescent lights. Especially the ones that get up to like 90 watts and like 6500 k. You can grow some good stuff under those. I use a t5 light fixture with 3 65 watt bulbs for my clones. It works really really well. I prefer something a little stronger for the later processes though. You can find a 400 watt HPS ballast rebuild kit that is only like 90 bucks with the bulb. It works better than any fluorescent light. If your growing plants that like getting tall then fluorescent lights are hard to use because the plant only takes in light from 6 inches of the light fixture, which obviously doesn't cover the whole plant so your not getting those bottom leaves any energy. HPS bulbs give energy all the way to six feet and the plants can get within inches of the bulb with good air flow and they wont burn. Well I hope that helped. Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here