Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amna_gw

Light setup for growing Jasmine indoors in MA

amna
16 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has an "indoor greenhouse" like structure to over winter plants. I am trying to set up an enclosed (2'x3'x5'approximately) structure in my basement for my Jasmine plants (in Boston, MA, 5 plants total, combination of different Sambacs)and was wondering if the light requirements for flowering and growing well could be met by having a light like this one on inside the structure for 12 -16 hrs? Or is this too much? I was thinking it could help keep the plants warm too and I was planning on using a tray of water under the bench to help with humidity. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Specifications:

This 400 watt high pressure sodium floodlight is intended use in recreation areas, parking lots, building facades and car lots. This fixture has a multi-tap ballast for 120/208/240/277 volts and a bronze finish on a contoured, low profile die-cast aluminum housing. It has a high-performance aluminum reflector and an impact-resistant tempered glass lens. One high pressure sodium bulb is included.

Lamp included

Bronze finish

Horizontally-oriented socket

UL listed for wet locations.

MFG Brand Name : Lithonia Lighting

MFG Model # : TFR 400S TA TB LPI

MFG Part # : TFR 400S TA TB LPI

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES