Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My baby heirlooms are dying! Halp!

Posted by donkenzie SW Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 19:59

I have 15 plastic solo cups with three seedlings per cup of heirloom tomatoes. I have been so incredibly cautious about them! Reading everything on these forums that I could, planting them correctly, etc...I woke up this morning and the leaves of about half of them are pointing toward the ground. They're in a rainbow shape instead of being horizontal to the ground.

As some general info, I have them about two inches from the florescent shop lights, and I watered them for the first time yesterday by bottom watering them with a tea mix to prevent damping off. They're almost a week old. The only thing I can think of is that my soil might be cool. Any advice would be great!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My baby heirlooms are dying! Halp!

Do you have any pictures?

Did you use a humidity dome to germinate them?

Keriann~

o

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58408537@N04/5570404936/

Here's a picture of them today. They look 100 percent better! I believe I over watered them and thankfully the soil dried out a little and the leaves popped right back up :) I don't use a humidity dome, nor have a heard of one. I might have to look into that...

o

They look great! I am glad you found the cause of the sad plants.

Humidity domes are a bigger headache, if you can germinate your seedlings without one, I would I would skip it

Keriann~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here