Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
T5 high output on eBay

Posted by watergal z6/7 Westminster, MD (sjohnson13@aol.com) on
Sat, Apr 14, 07 at 16:11

I got a recommendation from the orchid forum about an eBay seller. I bought a four tube high-output T5 light and so far I am very pleased with it. The price was reasonable - around half of what the fancy grow light stores are charging. The quality seems good and the seller appears to understand his line of business. His name is:

greatlights4less!

with the exclamation mark, if anyone is interested. (It used to be "dinosore777" but he appears to have just changed it.) He also has lots of other grow light systems for sale.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: T5 high output on eBay

Not bad, sensible price. But ignore the ten pages of marketing drivel ;)

I actually read the ten pages of marketing drivel trying to find out if these really are the high-CRI T5HO tubes, because they are described as full spectrum, excellent colour rendition, and for SAD, but nowhere actually states they are anything other than a standard triphosphor. It would be great if you could take a close look at the tubes when you get them to see just what the spec is?

o
RE: T5 high output on eBay

There WAS a lot of marketing stuff in there, wasn't there? At least they cared enough to research it, rather than just saying, oh yeah, it's a plant light, sure.

I'll check the tubes tomorrow and get back to you. I do know that the fixture gets lots warmer than my old T8 shop lights - of course, it has four tubes, not just two, and is more wattage.

I've done a great deal of research on SAD lights, since I have it myself and used to use a SAD light, and until very recently there wasn't much discussion of color output being very crucial, more about the intensity and duration. I think there is some research going on now investigating whether blue is better. I'll have to check on that too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here