Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrojunkie

Ordering online

hydrojunkie
14 years ago

I recently got my hydro garden set up and had a few hiccups along the way. I had some problems with bulbs and just thought I might post my experience here to share with other indoor gardeners. I purchased a some lights from htgsupply.com and I have to say that I am quite pleased with the quality of their product,customer service,and shipping. One of the lights came with a bad lamp so I called them up (after it had been sitting around for a couple of months) and they said no prob just send us the old one and we will ship you another one, I was kind of disheartened because I needed the light soon so he said ship it send them the tracking info and another one would be on the way when the info is recieved. I thought that was pretty decent of them to do that, I actually think that if I called them shortly after I recieved the light they probably would have just sent a replacement. Also I really don't want to stir the cmh pot anymore than has been but I purchased 2 400 watters to use (advancedtechlighting.com) and of course one of them didn't work. Man I got some pretty terrible luck with ordering lamps online. I called them up and they asked me to double bag it and smack the socket with a hammer, take before and after pics, and email them to us and we will ship it out today. Well I am perfectly ok with that but I dont have ziplock bags big enough to do that with so he simply let me take a pic of my 2 lights both with the cmh lamps in them and one pic of the cmh not working and that would be acceptable. So I just sent them the pics and upon logging in to my email I got fedex tracking info and it will be here Wednesday. Unbelieveable, these guys are on the ball, even though they were supposed to have tested the lamps getting a replacement was easier than taking it back to a store. I know some may say that they would rather go to a store but the closest hydro shop is 1 hour away and I got waaaaaay better deals with these guys than the store could offer. So while it is an extreme nusiance returning defective merchandise and paying for shipping back I figure I made out ok with both retailers and their customer service was extremely pleasant. So I guess my point is if you are looking for some equipment check these sites out. I hope I don't step on anybodys toes by telling you my experience with these webstores, I have absolutly no affiliation or financial interest in posting this either.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz