Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stryver

Depth of grow-light fixtures

Stryver
11 years ago

Noob here... I wish to put a 4-bulb T5 fixture in a cabinet that can fit an 11" deep by 28 inch long fixture. The cabinet currently has 4 light america single T8 fixtures in it, and I cannot say enough horrible things about them. They started okay, but have died, and replacing bulbs is a pain, and fit tolerances are bad, etc....

Primary use is seed (herb, mostly basil) starting. Some houseplants that like a bit more light have visits to the light box as well. Once all the seeds are starting, it'll be the second stop for some Lantana cuttings.

I see a wide variety of light fixtures out there, but the dimensions on them seem to be iffy, at best. Most are 12 - 13 + inches. Sun Blaze 2x4 on Amazon lists something crazy like 6 inches, which I think is the width for their 2-bulb setup. The only fixtures I think I can reliably place at under 11 inches are fish-tank fixtures. I can figure out how to mount one of those to the top of my box, but I'd prefer something that will connect a bit easier.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville