Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on indoor lights

Posted by ccabal 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 0:32

We're wanting to grow a few herbs in our kitchen window sill, but unfortunately it doesn't get nearly enough light, and the plants we have tried have gotten really leggy and died off. So I want to see what options we have for indoor lighting. I would like a small grow light I could hang above the plants in the window sill, something that doesn't look ugly, and doesn't use lots of electricity. I read a little about the new LED grow lights. Do you guys think these would work? Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on indoor lights

Absolutely! Go and buy some 60 watt plant growing bulbs.... Usually at Walmart or they also sell 24 inch under cabinet fluorescent type grow lights at Wally World as well. With that one it is simple. All you do is put 2 screws in the top part of the window or cabinet which hold the portable grow light perpendicular up against it and then just plug in and that's it! This one says 74 watt output and uses 17 watts of energy. It really does not get easier than this. I would take a pic and show you but I don't know if I can give an email address. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here