Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverlily_gw

Houseplants and Light

silverlily
14 years ago

My mom is going for surgery and will be laid up for a very long time, so being the great daughter I am.. I am moving in to take care of her. I am bringing only my necessary things, which includes about 30 houseplants. I have variagted and non-varigated pothos, varigated, non-varigated and bonnie spiders plants, a corn plant, trailing ripsalis, algerian ivy, swiss cheese plants, deiffenbachia and several peace lillies. I am renting out my home which had a designated room for my houseplants with North, South and East facing floor to ceiling windows. Needless to say, there was plenty of light. Now my plants will be added to her 40 some plants, but mine will be delagated to the lower level with only one possible room for them with only one West facing and one East facing window.. and not a lot of light comes in. I want my plants to survive.. as two of them especially are old, both gifts from my mom when I was pregnant with each of my kids.

Now my question.. ( finally... right? =)

Do the grow lights really help houseplants? Will they lose some of their luster with the lack of real sunlight? I have no understanding at all of using artificial light for houseplants and I am scared that my plants will slowly die. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts