Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_farmer_bob

homeharvest.com - For those who are shopping...

organic_farmer_bob
16 years ago

I thought I would share this piece of information with you all. As part of my shopping around for some supplementary light I discovered this site. They stated this on there site...

"At 125 watts, the electricity needed for Hydrofarm Compact Fluorescent Plant Grow Lights is roughly the same as a standard incandescent reading lamp. "

Now I wondered if they had some sort of power saving ballast or...something, though I found this to be a strange claim since HD seems to stock reading lamps that are rate to 60 or 75 watts MAX and frankly the idea that someone would sit on a sofa with a 150w incandescent bulb 3-5" from there shoulder seemed...ify. When I asked for clarification on this, this was the response I received...

"Thank you for your email. In an informal poll conducted amongst our employees, we found that most of us use either a 100 or 150 watt incandescent bulb for reading purposes, hence our middle of the road description."

I personally think that clarifying their reading habits was a little flippant. Extremely uninformative and well I think you get the jist.

Anyway I figure for those who are shopping around this gives you an idea of the customer service, or lack there of, you can expect from this company...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths