Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to put a light cart?

Posted by madabouteu 7b - northern Alabam (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 26, 09 at 16:31

I grow a bunch of succulents, especially Aloe, Haworthia and Madagascan Euphorbias. Last year, I rigged up an area with shop lights to give them some fairly intense light, and they did pretty well. However, today I got a huge light cart from someone who no longer grows African Violets. It's home-made and not the prettiest thing I have ever seen, but I love it!

The problem - I have two spots to put it. One place is near an exterior wall, where it will get morning light until about 11 AM, but being near some full length windows (nearly to the floor) it will also be in a cooler spot. The other spot is an interior wall, dark but warmer.

Last year, I had the plants on the fireplace hearth (inoperative). Despite the room being unheated, the Madagascan plants, which drop their leaves at 45F, did just fine. I am leaning toward placing the cart by the windows, but would like to hear from others that may have had a similar choice of locations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to put a light cart?

I would suggest the windows also. Some sun is better than none and if the temperature near the window will stay warm enough not to cause any damage you are good to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here