Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nick_b79

Looking for fluorescent candelabra-base bulbs

nick_b79
17 years ago

I have a spider lamp in a corner of my apartment that I use to maintain my houseplants through the winter. For those of you unfamiliar with a spider lamp, it looks like this: http://www.sweethomeproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SHP&Product_Code=31660. I have a table with numerous pothos, Wandering Jew vines, a large rubber tree, some draceneas, some no-name Walmart cacti that are doing surprisingly well, and will be adding some ZZ plants, African violets and mother-in-laws tongue soon.

I currently have 5 mini-spiral fluorescent bulbs in it right now that are 7 watt/35 watt equivalent that I found at Ikea last year. I want to install bulbs with more wattage to provide more light for my houseplants, as they do ok but not great, especially when the Minnesota winter blues hit them. I'm having two problems, a) it is difficult to find candelabra-base fluorescent bulbs, and b) the ones I have found are the torpedo-shaped ones that may not fit inside the brass bulb enclosures.

Does anyone have a source for 40-50 watt mini-spiral fluorescent bulbs with candelabra bases? Ones that are more cool white would be better, since mine are more warm white now. Otherwise, I may be forced to find washers to work as spacers on the enclosure threads.

Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!