Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing potatoes indoors

Posted by CaraRose 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 11:05

Anyone ever grow potatoes indoors under lights? Thinking about trying this as a winter project.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing potatoes indoors

I've seen only one video of a guy who tried this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwpbEIydTs

..but wasn't successful probably because didn't have enough light and fed too much nitrogen. But in the video comments someone said that they tried it as well and got 20 potatoes :) so I guess it's possible if you do it right

o

Potatoes aren't as picky about the light source. Just make sure they get 6 hours a day. Take care of heat exchange, particularity when using grow lights.

o

I am going to try this in October, once the outdoor garden is done. Winters are long and boring here, so why not?! I just need to find some seed. I will either have to order online or buy an organic potato at my co-op because nothing available at my local store. They stop selling seed potatoes around May. I can't wait to see what happens :). Even if it doesn't succeed, it will be a fun experiment!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here