Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Curved Shaped LED Light

Posted by growsmokefeelgood IN (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 17:16

Hi there, I'm Wanda. I wanted to get some opinions on this new grow light I found. I have a fairly large sized indoor garden and have used a few varieties of lights. I found this Arc Series curved led light. I really like the fact that it's curved and that the light points directly at the plant. What a way to get my tomatoes to grow effectively! I just wanted to see what a few people thought. Here's the link to their Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1d5wim9

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Curved Shaped LED Light

Hi Wanda
I'm no expert by any means but I think this arc LED is just another gimmick with sneaky marketing :)
First of all I don't see a benefit creating a hot spot with a 17" long fixture unless you're growing some small folliage plant . The further you keep the light the smaller the hot spot gets so if you're growing tomatoes for example you'll get more intense light in the middle of the folliage and weeker on the outside of the hot spot. Secondly they're using 90 degree lenses which kind of defeats their purpose of concentrating more light in the growing area. If you raise the light upfrom the plants the outside lenses will direct more light toward the walls instead of the plant.

Finally, they're not comparing apples to apples. Compare this LED to a leading LED on the market than you can say that yours is better. That's my opinion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here