Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hookeelao

fluorex desk lamp

hookilau
16 years ago

I searched the forums before posting this message but did'nt find anything pertinent.

I have 2 hot pepper trees that I would like to winter in my apartment. I purchased 2 sunlight desk lamps that use fluorex flourescent light bulbs.

I tossed the boxes but had purchased 2 replacement fluorex bulbs. (from the replacent bulb pkg)-----> use in 27 W fixtures only, color temp 6,500 kelvin (6 500k)

I have the lights about 3 inches from the canopy and the trees are loaded with pods still. I flicked the trunk and no blossom drop. It's only been 24 hours and the leaves don't seem to be turning to the light yet but then again they are positioned directly above.

Could this be enough light to keep my trees flowering through a NYC winter?...I would be happy just to keep them dressed with a respectable amount of leaves to be honest.

Canopy is about 2.5 to 3' across. If and when should I fertilize?...Are there any adjustments I should make to help the trasition into indoors?...I plan to get a timer this weekend, how long of a cycle should they have?

Appealing to those who successfully grow indoors on a hobby basis... :o)

any additional help or advice would be greatly appreciated

FYI----I purchased the lamps for 20$ each and the replacement bulbs were 12$ each.