Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
derek_grow

starting a airoponic veggy garden.

derek-grow
15 years ago

i've ordered a 8 sight airoponic system. i have a 400 watt hps light right now and a 150 watt hps. i'm looking into growing indoors this winter to help save on the food costs this winter and to have a hobby as well. i'm looking into buying another 8 sight airoponic system as well. what i'm needing help with is what type of veggie's to grow. 2 tomatoe plants are a must. better boys or beef hearts are what i'm looking at right now. i'll also be growing basil and some herds to cook with(i do all the cooking at home). a few pepper plants are ganna be in the mix as well. i will also be trying some plants in soil along side of the hydro set up. onion's and carrots in very large pots!!!

now i'm thinking of getting a larger mh light to add to the 400 watt hps. thinking a 600 watt mh. what is everybodies ideals here. i can use all the help i can get. i also plan to clone my best plants this febuary and get them rooted so i can have them up and ready for spring planting outside. i would like to be monthes ahead of everybody else this way. any ideals wil be great. thank you.

Comments (4)