Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grow Light with Dwarf Lime Tree

Posted by Nolan412 So Cal (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 16:38

I have a Northern facing apartment which gets relatively no direct sunlight through any windows or even on the patio. I know it is possible to grow herbs and smaller plants under a grow light successfully, will the same technique work with a dwarf lime tree? I have a 4' T5 fluorescent grow light now, should I upgrade to Metal Halide grow light which I have heard is better for fruiting plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grow Light with Dwarf Lime Tree

During the growth phase of the dwarf lime tree the T5 light may work out fine. But I can imagine when fruiting the tree will need a lot of intense light and you may not get enough from the T5.

You could try using the T5 you already have and if you notice the plant stretching to reach the light then you should swap it out for a more powerful HID light like a High Pressure Sodium.

Regards,

Justin

o
RE: Grow Light with Dwarf Lime Tree

I am very glad to here because many people share different ideas for growing their plants. If you know that Metal Halide grow light work very well and give nice result than you may follow this light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here