Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to starting seed

Posted by DAYLILYJOE Z 7b MS (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 04 at 22:16

I have a storage room that is connected to my garage. It has 2 small windows in it and there is not much light. Can I put benches and shop lights in an area like this and be successful growing daylily seedlings? This room also has vents that puts out heat from the central heating system. I plan to start planting seed in January. Thank you very much for information.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to starting seed

I have grown plants under my bed! I am sure this is fine! The higher wattage the better! Be careful of cold drafts near these windows! Use bottom heat if possible! And watch for fungus! If you do these things you should have great success!

Ryan

o
RE: New to starting seed

Check out this person's method of germinating Daylilies!

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily seed starting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here