Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attractive Storage for Lights

Posted by carduus 5 - NE OH (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 07 at 0:17

I have a conundrum, my enlightened friends. I recently moved to a new house, and am trying to clean up my act. I have a space 26" x 74" x ...up to 80" tall in my basement in which to craft my under-lights empire, but my wife insists that whatever I buy/make has to be attractive, so my first idea, those metal garage shelving units with five shelves, are right out.

Can you think of a kit, instructions, or something I can buy that will fit close to those dimensions (but not over), hold my plants, hold my lights, and still look attractive?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attractive Storage for Lights

This was a kit (etagere, lights and trays) and is no longer available where I got it, and way too expensive for a basement I should think, but this may give you some ideas of configuring something similar yourself. I now have pebbles and water on the trays. And I installed another set of lights on the bottom level too.

o

Get a new wife! LOL

What are you planning to grow? and how handy are you?

dcarch

o

I just basically overwinter potted herbs, and start my seeds indoors before planting them. This year, that'll include lavender, leeks, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants.

And I'm about medium-low in handiness. I can follow instructions and know when to use my vice, but I'm no professional carpenter.

That looks nice, wendyb! It does look a bit out of my price range, though. I only have maybe a couple hundred dollars to spend here.

o

Ikea should have something that would fit your needs.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here