Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor Gardenia

Posted by Yakub268 NC (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 12:53

I have to Gardenia trees that I have in side under some 6 CFL bulbs that are 1600 lumens and true white. The lamp has some foil to help direct the light and each bulb is about 12 in above the plant.
(Haven't gotten around to buying the florescent tube ones so for now this is what I have.)

The problem is that the gardenias are not full and compact like others I have seen. I have tried fert, repotting, I might make a indoor makeshift greenhouse with a humidifier.

Everything seems to be growing so slow, any help will be appreciated:)
Or if anyone has a cheap solution to grow lights...?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor Gardenia

Hi Yakub and welcome to GardenWeb!

Let me start by saying that I’ve never grown Gardenias (indoors or out). I am however fairly familiar with lighting, so maybe I can be of some help anyway. You didn’t mention the size of your plants, which of course would make a big difference in the lighting required. Also, are you just trying to keep them alive until the weather warms when they can be put outside. Or, are you wanting to keep them indoors (as a house plant) as well as wanting them to bloom indoors.

Art

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here