Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

which of these two LED systems is better

lycheeluva
12 years ago

I grow tropical fruit trees inside a garage during the winter. I have a 1000w hps/mh system but I want to supplement with a led system I can spend upto $300 on the led system. I have seen two on ebay. does anyone have any thoughts which of the two is better and does anyone know of a different led system which would be better for $300 or less

choice one is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240W-Red-Blue-LED-Hydroponic-Plant-Grow-Light-Panel-Gardening-Supplies-Indoor-/320813362276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item4ab1f76c64

and see link below for choice 2

Here is a link that might be useful: 2nd led system

Comments (3)

• rusty_blackhaw
    12 years ago

Do either of these products allow for easy replacement of individual failed/burned-out LEDs? I don't see any reference to this in the product promos.

Promises like "50,000 hour life" aside, I'd want to know if I could replace non-working LEDs.

• zathras
    12 years ago

The second system has a better spectrum. The 730nm is important for getting the best production out of both the reds. The UV may be important for developing full flavor/vitamins of the fruit depending on the particular species.

But I would opt for building one myself...

• capoman
    12 years ago

Replacing failed/burnt out LED's shouldn't even be a consideration as LED's last a long time, and a single blown LED will not affect a grow noticeably.

I am using an LED unit that has been running constantly for two years. No failed fans or LED's. It was not an expensive unit. I want to upgrade to one of the newer units, but not because my current unit is failing. In fact, I'd like to put my current unit where my T5HO seedling area is, as I've always noticed superior growth under the LED compared to the T5HO's. I will buy a newer generation more powerful LED for my main growing area.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County