Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjcapecod

EGAD! Mouse? Mice? Digging in my plants?

jjcapecod
10 years ago

We've never had problems with mice or rodents in our house, have I now created a monster?
I keep tropicals, annuals and a couple peppers and ornamental eggplants under lights in the winter - been doing it for years with converted shop-lights from home depot (warm white-cool white)

After overcoming a particularly bad situation with aphids and white-flies (NEEM OIL concentrate mixed for a sprayer) I noticed a plant that was on the floor had been uprooted and the dirt had a hole in it. I figured my husband knocked it over. 4 days later, today, I went into the basement and it looks like something has thrown dirt all over the benches and floor where my plants are - huge mess, several of my favorites have holes in the dirt and it is clear a creature has been digging.

Does this mean I have an infestation of mice? could it be chipmunks? what does this? I can't bear the thought of mice in my basement with all the stuff stored there.
egad.
I have an old havahart trap - tiny - that will be loaded w/peanut butter and placed near the plants.....

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions