Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyzd_gw

Plant light suggestions for Christmas present

joyzd
12 years ago

I would like to purchase a free standing plant light for my Grandmother's Christmas present. I have been looking around for two months, but am in over my head. I do not grow houseplants myself, so even with the research I've conducted, I'm still unsure as to what to buy. Google searches keep leading me to pot growing websites, Amazon reviews are all over the place so I can't really tell what will work and what will not do the job. I have read through some of the posts here, but can't tell whether lights work good on some plants but not others, whether house conditions apply...yes, I'm just plain lost.

My grandmother recently moved to a retirement community and she doesn't have good lighting (windows) in her apartment. She has a large Peace Lily, three small African Violets, a large Chinese Evergreen, a small Draconian (sp?), a medium sized Heart-Leaf Philodendron, a large Christmas Cactus, and a medium Arrowhead Vine. She does not intend to grow any bonsai plants, cacti, or orchids (other reviews mentioned those three plants, so I thought I'd throw it in). The plants are in potting soil with plastic pots (if that matters).

I'm looking for a plant light that stands up on its own since she wishes to keep the plants on her buffet table (in other words, I do not need one of those "cart thingies.")

I hope some of you might be able to help me find the perfect Christmas present for my Grandmother. She has always grown houseplants and it means a lot to her to continue this hobby.

Comment (1)