Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colokid

How wordwiz

colokid
15 years ago

on Nov 1/08 Quote "Before investing a few hundred dollars in panels I wanted to make sure I had the best lights for seedlings (not for fruiting) so I bought an all blue and all red panel. Set them, along with the red/blue panel in a small grow chamber with each compartment sealed from the others and a curtain across the front to prevent ambient light from reaching the plants. Sowed six Red Delicious tom seeds in each tray and have had them under the lights since before they germinated (the first ones made their appearance on October 22). Once the seedling get large enough to see much of a difference, I plan on posting pictures. At this point, those under the red lamp are showing a lot of curl in the leaves. The all blue plants have the widest leaves but are not quite as tall as the ones under the all red or red/blue lights, but only by a cm or so.

Mike"

Now is it going? I would be very interested in any thing you see. I just stared to play with a red/blue panel right now. Bigest question is if a 13 watt panel is enough to grow seedlings.

Kenny

Comments (5)