Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: lily bulblets - trade signup

Posted by kdjoergensen z6b NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 2, 04 at 16:20

I have lots and lots of lily bulblets from various asiatic lilies (tall, minature, etc). I would love to trade these bulblets with others who have similar bulblets.

The bulblets are the small white or pink offsets which are created at the roots of the stem. They occur in asiatic (and oriental lilies). These are not seeds, but miniature bulbs (offsets).

See picture below:

Since the goal would be to get as many different lilies as possible, I would love to set up a multi-person trade. I recommend that we trade 4-5 bulblets per trade (envelope). You can enter as many trades/envelops as you desire. The goal is to match up as many people as possible to make the chances of getting many lilies as big as possible.

If you are interested, email me at kdjoergensen@yahoo.com (or click on my name above, and use the send e-mail function, but make sure you include your return email).

For now, I only need your name, number of envelopes you wish/plan on trading, and your email address. Later, I will email you back for your mailing address, and the excact number of envelops you plan on entering.

The goal would be to finalize the signing up within 20 days, so that we can exchange bulblets at the end of september. An email will follow with trade information.

Are you interested ?

Email me here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: lily bulblets - trade signup

• Posted by razz 6 Washington (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 4, 04 at 22:15

I would love to join~ I can do at least ten.
raz

o

I would be glad to donate but I am not looking for any more lilies.

o

I have never traded before but would be interested in doing it. Do they have to be identified (named)? Or just dig some up and send?

o

I sent an email.... I'd love to trade!

o

Last chance if anyone wants to participate

o

Don't miss this opportunity for bulblets -- great way to increase the number of cultivars that you grow.

o

The lily bulblet swap is now closed.

o
RE:Lily Bulblets - Trade

Did everybody enjoy this swap as much as I did? There wasn't much feedback.
This was the first trades I ever took part in and it was a great introduction to trading. Except for the one package that looked as if the postman sat on it, everything arrived in fine shape and now I'm like the little boy who buried the dead bird in a shoebox -- I keep wanting to go dig them up and see if they're still there and what are they doing?!

Thanks again, Kenneth, for initiating this swap and for all the time you spent on it. Thanks, traders, for the bulblets.

Nell

o

Yes, I did enjoy it. I did a lot of scaling this fall and hope to have a lot of new bulblets for spring. I'd love to see a named variety swap next time.
Pam

o

Ok its 2005 and I am ready.are you?

o

Hey I want to play next time.
I have several offsets off of a Oriental Black Beauty that is really pretty.
Sunny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here