Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown Asiatic -- Super Grower!

Posted by ticksmom419 z7 NC (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 05 at 11:35

Holy cow! Here's a photo of this lovely asiatic from last spring, bit later in the month than this. I was so pleased with the growth from the year before. And it bloomed and bloomed. This year, there must be at least 30 stems of it, all set to bloom. Fantastic! Of course, next year I predict that it will bodily throw my mailbox into the street to make room for the 100 stems it will send up. Jeepers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown Asiatic -- Super Grower!

Certainly looks fantastic. Once in a while you come accross some really prolific bloomers. Another similar aggresively blooming lily is Asiatic Lily Cancun (red and yellow).

Wonderful picture.

Kenneth

o

Beautiful!

Nancy

o

The yarrow is a lovely complement to the blooms. Your plant seems to have lots of energy, so encourage some of the offsets to emigrate up north to MY garden. No passport or visa required!

o

Thanks, guys! I really enjoyed this lily. Sneaking in there was another no-name lily that started blooming after the orange, a bright, clear yellow. I had asiatic blooms from this one small area for nearly 2 months.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here