Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilies -- June 2012

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 21:25

My early blooming yellow lilies--Asiatics, I assume. I've had them so long that I no longer remember their name, but they do look nice in this setting, don't they!
Blue larkspur/gold lilies & yarrow--5
The larger white buds on the left belong to a white lily (name unknown) that I planted years ago and managed to stomp on every spring for several years in a row. After that about all that would peep out of the ground was two small leaves. Eventually I forgot all about it (other than putting a stone by it so that I wouldn't stomp on it again), but this spring, surprise! It grew full-sized and bloomed beautifully. Why I didn't take a pic of it, I'll never know--it was like a small miracle in resurrection!

Silk Road Lily--this is my new lily, and I love it, although I didn't expect it to bloom this early in the season, but it seems happy blending in with the blue larkspur, doesn't it!

Photobucket

White Regale Lily and Double Knock Out Rose--they really set it other off fine, don't they!
Photobucket

White Regale Lily and Lily buds--here's a better view of Regale, and get a load of all those buds on the lilies to the right. In a couple weeks, they will be towering over everything in the yard and making quite a display. So hard to wait sometimes!
Photobucket

I have a bunch of lilies in another place in the yard, but none of them have bloomed yet. Some will be blooming for the first time this year, so I'm quite excited to see them and will post pics of them for you to admire. : )

Hope you enjoyed my lilies.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilies -- June 2012

I really like your silk road lily. very pretty.You must have staked some of your lilies as they are standing pretty straight.

o
RE: Lilies -- June 2012

Thank you, jean. Yes, I do stake most of my tall lilies. We get some horrific wind storms here sometimes--don't want to go out to the garden and find all my statuesque lilies flat on ground, now do I? : )

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here