Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my lilies are blooming

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 23:32

OK, i read where some one asked that lily photos be posted here, so heres one.

Photobucket

I thought they get taller then 4 ft, but mine is not a bit taller then 4 ft.the fragrance is not real stron either. but, its ok.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my lilies are blooming

It's a lovely lily, jean. I've never grown an oriental lily that got taller than 4 ft--I assumed that was just in the nature of oriental lilies. It is my orienpets that get really, really tall.

I've also been told that orientals tend not to be long-lived. I don't know for sure about that, but I've had a couple batches in orientals in the ground for several years now, so it will be interesting to se if they come back next year.

Kate

o

My lilies have been huge for a while now - pushing 5 feet tall and FULL of unopen blossoms - and then this weekend - they began to open. :) AH! The scent is perfect! I stand by them and sniff... then sniff again. A few years ago - I'd planted 3 ... and now, I'm up to 8 stalks... amazing how fast they multiply. It'll only be a matter of time when my flowerbed will be taken over by these beauties and I'll ahve to figure out what to do with my rose bushes...
Yes, they're becoming bosom buddies at this rate.

o

a close up... I know I love my roses... but, goodness, lilies ... what's not to love?!?!

o

and my little reds' that bloomed the weekend before. Only about a foot tall - and quick to lose petals - but very pretty while they were in open.

o

a sunny close-up

o

roseyd, I can see why you are so proud of your lilies--they are lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here