Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help what is this? Been here for ages

Posted by Zintal z5ME (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 05 at 16:38

This yellow lilium was growing by a one room schoolhouse along with fulva that is long since gone from Shilo Corner. The schoolhouse was pulled down long before we moved here and the flowers were dug up by road crew. All that remains are the old oak trees and swing set remnants that we played on. When we were little two of the neigborhood boys dug some up and gave to Mom in the late 1960's. The rest is all gone.

Image link: help what is this? Been here for ages (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help what is this? Been here for ages

Maybe L. canadense??

o

Thanks, it may be for the way is hangs is like one of those in the database.

o

I might add that there are both yellow and red forms of L. canadense.

o

Is there somewhere I can learn about L. canadense?

o

Try some of these internet pages. That's a lovely photo, by the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google hits for 'Lilium canadense'

o

Thank you! It did grow in a wet meadow right before the school area and red wing blackbirds were there nesting. I went back to the spot and there are some fulva the road crew missed taking over the area again and it seems to still be somewhat wet. I did not find these lilium there but they might be. Mine are getting past the showy stage and grow in a raised bed under the pine trees with partial sun but I do water. There are not many but they have multiplied.

Thanks again for the link solved a problem over a yellow viola too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here