Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, show off your lilies in this gallery!

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 19:52

I always feel bad when I check this gallery and discover--once again--that there is very little activity here. So annually, I post some pics of my lilies--not that I have that many and am a great lily grower or anything like that. Fortunately for me, lilies are just naturally beautiful flowers!

Here are three of my lilies that bloomed this year. That's Honeymoon in the center--big, strong, floriferous beauty that grabs everyone's attention. An orienpet. To the left is Sonora, and if you squint a bit, to the right you can barely see my white regale trumpet lilies.
Photobucket

I think this one might be Dizzy--an oriental lily--or at least a late blooming lily.
Dizzy oriental lily (?)

Here is the classic Casa Blanca, oriental lily.
Casa Blanca (oriental lily)

Handsome Tom Pouce, oriental lily.
Tom Pouce (oriental lily)

I also have some bright yellow asiatic lilies and the "easter lily"--both of which I didn't take any pics.

Next year I'll have some new lilies to show you. I've ordered Silk Road (rosy-centered white lily); Schaherazade (gold-trimmed burgundy-red lily); and a yellow trumpet, the name of which I've forgotten.

That's all I have to show for now. Hope some of you will show yours also--on separate threads. Maybe we'll start a trend here!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, show off your lilies in this gallery!

Kate,

Your lilies are all very pretty. Your late blooming lily could be speciousum 'Rubrum'. Thanks for sharing.

Lila

o

Yes, it could well be speciousum Rubrum. I remember spending a long time trying to decide whether to buy Dizzy or speciousum Rubrum--I just can't remember now which one I decided on. : (

Kate

o

It is definitely not Dizzy

o

Ok, dizzy. Thanks. I'll go with speciousum Rubrum after this.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here