Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dr. Griesbach's Tetraploid OT Seeds

Posted by lila888 Z5 N IL (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 4:08

Last Sunday, I've attended Dr. Griesbach's lecture at my local lily society. He gave away some lily seeds and I got more than enough for myself that I am sharing some with you, my fellow lily enthusiasts. I have here 10 packets of seeds with 20 seeds/packet. If interested, please post here and then send me an email.

A few lilies bred by Dr. Griesbach:

Photobucket OT Robert Swanson

Photobucket OT Leslie Woodriff

Photobucket
OT Robert Griesbach

My apologies to Ms. Ramona Titus for 'borrowing' her RG image.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dr. Griesbach's Tetraploid OT Seeds

I would love to try some!

Thanks,
Randi
lily55rjw

o

I was sorry to miss the lecture. I was planning to go, but had a "surprise" appendectomy a few days before, and could not go.

o

Lila, I've never grown lilies from seed. Is it hard?

o

Linnea,
Sorry for the delayed reply. Sorry to hear about your "surprise". I hope you feel better now.

It is not hard to grow lilies from seed. If you want to try, I will send you some seeds from Dr. G and some of my trumpet and asiatic crosses.

lily55rjw, I got your envelope. Will send you some trumpet seeds also.

lila

o

Lila, I just saw your offer. I have not been on the forums, so I did not know you had replied to me. If I want to try some seeds, what do I need to do?

Are you going to the Lily Society spring sale and meeting? It's March 13. I volunteered to work, not sure if they need me, really, or not. There weren't that many customers last spring.

o

Hi Lila
Do you have any seeds left? I would love to try a few

o

Would love to have some of the lily seeds if you have any left. Thanks Charlene

o

That's great he was successful with his OT crosses. My OT crosses did not germinate.
Where was the lecture?

o

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply. I was away for a while and just got back yesterday.

Linnea, I missed the spring bulb sale and the two lectures. I will PM you.

Nancy and Charlene, I still have some seeds left for you. PM me your addresses.

Cheerpeople, the lecture took place at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

o

Hi,
Any seeds left? I used to be a member of the WI/IL lily society, but I never hear from them anymore. Would love to try growing lilies from seeds, if you have any left. Thank you so much for offering them.

Bellarosa

o

Bellarosa, I still have some seeds left. PM me your address. You're welcome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here