Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how are Jackson & Perkins lilies ?

Posted by carygardener 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 4, 06 at 15:23

I just placed an order for 50 Oriental bulbs(mixed 14-16) at Jacson and Perkins. They are offering 20% discount on $39. They say that they guarantee everything 100% but I haven't see any reviews of them.

Please share your experience with them, if any. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how are Jackson & Perkins lilies ?

Well, the price is right. Did you check out this company on GardenWatchdog? I did and found 2 posts relating to lily orders. One said the bulbs were small compared to other companies and the other said that the bulbs were packed too damp (they could rot in the bag). I assume 14-16 refers to the bulb size? This would be small but still blooming size lily bulbs. You could expect 2-3 buds the first year on bulbs this size.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jackson and Perkins reviews

o

Thanks.
I ended up cancelling the order with Jackson & Perkins.

I finally decided to go with American Meadows as they have free shipping and 50% off on advance orders for bulbs. I ordered 20 star gazers - 16-18 cms, 8 Oriental mix collection - also 16-18 cms for just $18 !and they threw in a packet of wildflower seeds.

o

You mention "free shipping" with American Meadows in your 1/6/06 msg. I could not find that on their website. Can you tell me where you saw that info or what the promotion/coupon code is?

Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here