Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sambal_gw

lily seeds, lillies in containers

sambal
16 years ago

Hi There. I am new to this forum. If I coud only select one plant for the garden, it would be an Oriental Lily! Most of my perennials are grown in containers due to a lack of space. The last two years, the number of lily bulbs has decreased in size and I'm wondering if it is because they are becoming crowded. I usually have to repot every other year. I save the offsets, no matter how small and let them grow on in their own 'container-nursery'. However, they didn't do as well as usual this past year. Any suggestions? We did have what I consider to be a rather bummer summer, weather-wise, but the lillies don't usually seem to suffer as long as they are fed and watered. Also, I gathered some seed this season and if you would like some, please check my seed/trade list. They may be very interesting. Although open-pollinated, the Heneryi and a pink Trumpet were growing in the same container and bloomed at the same time so they may have been crossed. Anyway, I would love to trade for any bulbs, seed. My lists are always being updated. Thanks,Sam

Comments (2)