Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lilium bulbiferum

Posted by margot z5 CT (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 23:28

Does anyone know of a bulb source for this beautiful old orange lily? It is sometimes called Fire Lily and or l. bulbiferum croceum. Thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lilium bulbiferum

Searched Dave's Garden. There is one vendor called Edelweiss Perennials. I hope that is the lily you are looking for.

o

Thanks a bunch. I ordered from Edelweiss Perennials as soon as I read your message. They have the l. bulbiferum but not the l. bulbiferum croceum. I do not know what the difference is. The three bulbs I ordered were pricey but I will be grateful to just get some of these lilies started here at the farm. Again thanks,
margot

o

Lilium bulbiferum subsp. croceum does not produce bulbils, whereas Lilium bulbiferum subsp. bulbiferum does. Bulbils are little bulbs that form where each leaf meets the stem above ground. Croceum is the more common form, according to lit, so chances are you will get that one anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here