Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my week-old potted stargazer is dying

Posted by frances108 none (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 0:52

hello! my boyfriend gave me a potted stargazer lily (a foot tall with a fully bloomed flower and 2 buds, the other bud was still green) for valentines day, and i fell in love immediately because of its magnificence. i transfer it every morning at the patio since i have read that it loves the morning sun, i watered it 2 times this week since its also been exposed to rain. the problem is, after a couple of days of receiving it, its lower leaves started to turn yellow and then withered until the upper part leaves looked the same. the first fully bloomed one already withered, while the first bud bloomed beautifully and then died after a few days. i pulled the dead leaves off so im now left with a yellowing stem with a single flower (the one from the green bud before). is my stargazer dying? i have no idea what to do since im very new at this, but i really want to save my beloved flower. what should i do? please please help me.:(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my week-old potted stargazer is dying

You may be over-watering, allow it to dry out a little between waterings.

o
RE: my week-old potted stargazer is dying

okay! thank you! but how much should i water my stargazer? and by the way, i already cut it close to the ground and after 3 days, just this Wednesday, a little green leaf sprouted! i jumped for joy and did a little dance. but im afraid it will die all over again. how can i make it grow better this time?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here