Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilies for Cutting Garden

Posted by rainydaywoman_z8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 1:46

I have special lilies in my flower beds, but I would now like to start a bed of lilies, dahlias & glads just for cutting. Does anyone know where I might buy mixed bags of lilies inexpensively? I used to buy bulbs online from Garden Value Outlet at wholesale prices, but they don't have any lilies this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilies for Cutting Garden

Van Bourgondien sells bulk mixed lilies (and other summer bulbs) through their wholesale arm. You just have to order at least $50 worth to qualify for the wholesale discount. Before ordering, I'd check their rating on Garden Watchdog - they seem to have mixed reviews. Retail nurseries I've been associated with order from them so they can't be all bad :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Bourgondien wholesale bulbs

o

To Gardengal: Thanx for the link to Van Bourgondien. I've had their retail catalogue, but the wholesale site is just my speed. Now I can buy all the bulbs i want, and frugally! I'm wondering where in the PNW you live. I am in Eugene, OR, in the rain.

o

Isn't van Bourgondien the company that has the bad rep? Ot one of them? If memory serves, there might be more than one company with that name. I remember reading something about that, but don't remember the details. Maybe make sure which one you are dealing with first.

o

Van Engelen carries a lot of Lilies at reasonable price. It's a good place to start if you are not terribly fussy about lilies that match their name.
Van Engelen has had a bad reputation fot its lilies not being true to name. You might get something else rather than the ones you had ordered. But if you only need them for cuttings, you won't get a better deal anywhere else.

o

I bought a big box of no-name mixed asiatics at Sam's Club, and I hear Costco has them too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here