Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cancun and Brunello

Posted by ellix augusta ga (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 06 at 8:46

I bought from Home Depot, some lilies as bulbs. They are called Cancun and Brunello. I am new to growing lillies and would like to know if these will be good plants as well as any advise on how to grow them? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cancun and Brunello

Hi ellix. Well, I'm up here in zone 3 Canada so as I look out my office window, the snow is flying, the wind is gusting up to 30 mph and the temp outside is about 25F so it will be a long time before things will be up and growing. However, I have both of these lilies and they are Asiatic Lilies, which for us here are the most hardy. Cancun is a red and yellow bi color, grows about 3'to 4' high, very nice flowers. Brunello is a bright orange flower about 3' high. For us here, they flower in July however, for you I'm sure way earlier (I'm envious). Anyway, there is a web site that I order my lilies from, it's Canadian but at least it will show you. They are extremely easy to grow, I plant mine to a depth of 3 times the high of the bulb, so, usually 5 to 6" deep. They require very little care, just a little fertilizer in the spring and that's it. Divide every 4-5 years if you want. The website is www.lilynook.mb.ca and a picture and description is under asiatic Lilies.

o
RE: Cancun and Brunello

• Posted by ellix augusta ga (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 1, 06 at 6:36

What a nice site, thanks so much. molly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here