Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calla Lily Help please

Posted by effie (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 12:53

I have a calla lily that i have had for about 2 years. two weeks ago I re-potted it into a bigger planter, ever since, it is very droopy. I don't know if it is in shock? I thought maybe it needed more water so I tried that and now some of the leaves are turning yellow but it has not perked up at all. I am in an office with fluorescent lighting. There is no window for natural light. If this would help I can always take it home until it gets better. Should I let it dry out and then try to give it some fertilizer and if so what kind?

your help is deeply appreciated as I do not want to lose my plant.

Thank you
Effie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calla Lily Help please

Calla lilies are technically an 'Aroid' so you would get a better answer in the ariod forum rather than asking us lily nerds here in the lily (lilium) forum. It is highlited in 'red' above. However, it sounds like your plant is going thru transplant shock (somewhat the normal thing). Also, I'd question whether the office fluorescent lighting is providing enough of the correct light wavelength and whether it's intense enough. Be careful not to over water at this time (just keep moist) and don't fertilize until it is actively growing again. But again, ask those people over there in the Aroids forum. Lots of Calla lily experts over there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here