Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Type of Lilies for hawaii?

Posted by braveheartsmom Maui,Hi (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 06 at 12:59

Hi! Can anyone tell me if there is a lily that can grow in lowland Hawaii? I saw lilies in Lowes yesterday but the gardening expert couldn't tell me if they would grow here in Kihei. The types that were for sale included Asiatic, Oriental and Day lilies. I adore lilies and am hoping I can get advice from you. Thank you. Jenny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Type of Lilies for hawaii?

check out the FAQ....it depends on how cold you get in the winter...likely not very in lowland Hawaii, I expect.
It sounds like you many need to lift and refrigerate at least some of your lilies. I know there are species lilies that come from more tropical regions which may work for you. L. formosanum comes to mind.

o
RE: Type of Lilies for hawaii?

If you have an adversion to home shopping networks you should rethink....QVC has a fantastic range of lilies that are all grown in your area. I bought many different kinds and even I haven't killed them. I potted and planted them. The name is Roberta's. They have the most unique lilies I have ever seen and you can't get them here in Virginia. Check it out they're georgeous!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here