Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stytchid

replant lillies?

stytchid
11 years ago

I have a flower bed along the front of my house with Easter Lillies planted in it from years and years ago. They're very resilient and bloom every year (though sometimes they yield many flowers and other times they don't); they're spaced about asymmetrically about 4in to 2 feet apart along the bed and I'm going to put roses in the same bed towards the south end. The main cluster of lillies is in the north end and I want to move the bulbs to the north end altogether so the roses have room. Now some bulbs are huge (6" diameter) with bulbettes and all have green leaves about 3' in length but my main concern is can I move these now to replant? I've read that you can move the bulbs no problem. In prepping the bed for the roses I discovered my olive trees have thick roots running through the bed and in removing a major root, some of the lily bulbs were disrupted from their places. Each bulb has white roots already established. So can I go about moving them now towards another area of the bed and if so, how?

Comment (1)