Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help! Potted Mona Lisa Lilies losing leaves.

Posted by JennM84 East TN (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 19:32

I'm new to Lilies. I've always loved how beautiful they are & their fragrance is a added plus. My birthday(Valentine's Day) I received2 lilies in a pot together. One plant had 4 blooms 3 of which that were already bloomed. The other plant has 4 blooms 2 are about to open. The 1st plant the leaves have started to fall off. Its green not brown so I'm puzzled why they have fallen off. There is only 4 leaves left. The 2 and plant has only had maybe 3 fall off. But 2 blooms that are about to open are turning brown at the bottom of the bloom. I'm clueless about lilies any help or advice would be great. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help! Potted Mona Lisa Lilies losing leaves.

Have you noticed any damage to the leaves? Have you looked for the red lily beetle. It is bright red and it's larvae looks like a bunch of turd like brown slime. They are hard to get rid of but Neem oil spray applied often keeps them in check.

The red lily bug is why I got rid of most of my oriental lilies. I did keep my stargazer lily because it was in an isolated spot. For the last 5 years I haven't seen a lily beetle and I hope they stay away. Here's some photos

red lily beetle damage

o
Sorry that link didn't work

Sorry that link didn't work. If you google "photos of Red lily beetle damage" you should come up with the site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here